“Alexa, Ask Butterball How to Cook a Turkey”
Iconic brand introduces new skill for Amazon Alexa to help cooks “Host Like a Boss”
Garner, N.C. (November 1, 2018) – The Butterball Turkey Talk-Line is officially open for the holiday season; and this year, the experts are empowering cooks with more turkey resources than ever. With more than one in five American households1 turning to their smart speakers for guidance, it’s the perfect time to integrate Butterball’s holiday expertise into their new hands-free, in-kitchen helper: Amazon Alexa.
For more than 65 years, Butterball has empowered cooks to shake off the stress of holiday meal prep and host like a boss. The Turkey Talk-Line has already evolved to offer support through text, email, live chat, and this year, the Turkey Talk-Line is extending its presence to the voice space with the help of Amazon Alexa.
Through the new Butterball skill for Amazon Alexa – now available on Alexa-enabled devices – a simple voice command (“Alexa, ask Butterball…”) allows cooks to hear trusted Turkey Talk-Line experts share answers to frequently asked questions and provide turkey preparation advice. Users can also watch how-to videos on compatible devices like Echo Show, Echo Spot and Amazon Fire TV Cube. To use the Butterball skill for the first time, Alexa users can say “Alexa, enable the Butterball skill” to their Alexa-enabled device or enable directly by visiting the Alexa Skills Store through the Alexa app or on Amazon.com.
“The Turkey Talk-Line is focused on one-on-one help for cooking turkey – whether it’s a first-time cook or a 20-year Thanksgiving veteran,” said Nicole Johnson, Co-Director of the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line. “Nothing will ever replace a phone call with an expert; but our goal is to reach cooks where it’s convenient for them and give them the confidence to ‘Host Like a Boss’ through as many means as possible.”
Teaming up with Alexa enables the Turkey Talk-Line to deliver expert advice via the voice service, Alexa. To learn more about the skill and the ways the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line is supporting cooks everywhere, visit Butterball.com or Butterball’s social channels, like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
“The new Butterball skill for Alexa lets customers tap into years of expert cooking advice on how to prepare a turkey – even when their hands are full in the kitchen,” said Rob Pulciani, Vice President, Amazon Alexa. “We’re excited that Alexa can help make the holidays a little easier for our customers.”
Expert Advice Anytime, Anywhere: Butterball Turkey Talk-Line experts are available Nov. 1 through Dec. 24, with extended hours the week of Thanksgiving. With decades of Thanksgivings under their belts, Butterball’s experts are a holiday staple and a source of vital turkey knowledge. With Butterball experts taking care of the turkey questions, hosts can spend more time putting their own stamp on the day and truly “Host Like a Boss.” You can reach the Turkey Talk-Line via:
- NEW! Butterball Skill for Amazon Alexa: Starting Nov. 1, users can enable the Butterball Skill for Amazon Alexa. Once enabled, just ask the Butterball skill your cooking questions and hear trusted Talk-Line experts share answers. Users can even watch how-to videos on compatible Alexa-enabled devices (Echo Show, Echo Spot and Amazon Fire TV).
- Text (844-877-3456): With nearly one in three first-time cooks saying they’d text the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line for cooking help, it only makes sense that, for the third year in a row, the Turkey Talk-Line offer text support in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving.
- 1-800-BUTTERBALL (1-800-288-8372): Turkey Talk-Line experts will be available this season starting Nov.1 through Dec. 24, 2018, to answer questions and assist all holiday cooks.
- How-To Videos: Need a visual guide? Check out our fun and helpful instructional videos at Butterball.com and YouTube.
- Facebook and Twitter: Help is available through the Butterball Facebook and Twitter pages with tips, special savings and more.
- Pinterest: Find Thanksgiving recipe inspiration for your holiday celebration on the Butterball Pinterest page.
- Instagram: Follow Butterball on Instagram to get a behind-the-scenes look at recipe inspiration for your Thanksgiving meal and more.
- Live Chats: Engage with turkey experts through live chat on Butterball.com during November and December and receive real-time suggestions and advice.
- Email: Email Butterball using this form and receive helpful tips right to your inbox.
- Website and Mobile App: With coupons, trusted recipes, step-by-step how-to videos and key tips for success, everything you need is accessible at Butterball.com and the Butterball Cookbook Plus App.
About the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line
One of the first national, toll-free consumer help lines, the Turkey Talk-Line has helped almost 50 million consumers since its first season in November 1981. Each November and December, professionally trained turkey experts assist more than 4 million cooks through the Turkey Talk-Line, Butterball.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, live chat and emails in the United States and Canada. With more than 50 staff members, the Turkey Talk-Line has the resources to answer questions from both English- or Spanish-speaking callers and respond to questions via email.
Headquartered in Garner, N.C., Butterball is the largest producer of turkey products in the U.S. – producing more than 1 billion pounds of turkey each year. For more than 65 years, the company has provided foodservice and retail products to customers and consumers around the world. As an industry leader in quality, food safety and animal well-being, the company employs numerous processes to ensure the health of flocks and implements recognized prevention measures to exceed food safety standards. Butterball products are currently distributed throughout the U.S. and in more than 45 countries. Butterball operates seven processing plants located in North Carolina, Arkansas and Missouri.
For consumer questions or information, please visit Butterball.com or call 1-800-BUTTERBALL (1-800-288-8372). Visit ButterballCorp.com for corporate information about the company.